Friday, July 17, 2009

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE...

This will be a short post. I promise. I've been having a couple of very emotional weeks. Just too emotional at times. Deception dominated the scene, and being the ridiculously-naive-person-for-my-age at almost thirty, the different events that lead to me feeling disappointed at people or situations have managed to linger in my head for quite more than I hoped for. Then, the tragic death of a friend, who was murdered exactly one week ago, was something that just set me off course.
I guess "vulnerable" is the word that would best describe how I feel right now. I don't think it's just me, this murder case has touched many of my friends in Lima, and I sense that everyone is feeling the need to be sheltered away from all this violence. It's as if Chaos had installed itself for a bit and decided to fool around with us just for amusement.
"Let's take a moment to appreciate life (...) we are all so blessed and so lucky to be alive..." Madonna said at her concert in Udine, Italy last night. Though it's probably something I've heard before, it has given me great comfort to hear it coming from her right at this moment. I guess, when in grief, we just desperately seek for empathy.
Here's a very moved Madonna and the rest of her touching speech regarding the recent tragedy in Marseille.

No comments: