Sunday, December 13, 2009

SEVENTY-NINE GOING ON EIGHTY




This is a VERY short post, a virtual toast to Christopher Plummer on his birthday. One of my first crushes. I bet there are more people who found him attractive in The Sound of Music.
I mean, who else was there to like, right? OK. OK. I know we probably all related to Liesl (though I particularly liked Brigitta the BEST), but regarding the male characters? Friedrich? Kurt? That mailman-turned-Nazi just didn't cut it for me no matter how many times I watched the Sixteen Going On Seventeen scene.




I then watched him in The Fall of the Roman Empire, and I remember my seven year-old self having a hard time dealing with him as the bad guy....
I just found out he has published an autobiography last year, In Spite of Myself. It must be quite an interesting one, coming from a man whose acting career began in theater and who has been in movies since the 1950's. His latest production, Beginners, is in filming, yet to be released in 2011.




Well, that's it, Happy 80th Birthday Captain Von Trapp.


Edelweiss - Sound of Music - Christopher Plummer's own voice from Mark on Vimeo.

No comments: