Sunday, March 6, 2011

VERY PIAF, NON?

I have fallen for Adele.  I can't say I loved her from the beginning, the truth is I never actually gave her a chance up until a couple of days ago.  A friend on Facebook posted her video for Rolling In The Deep and I immediately loved the song (and the video as well).
I had become aware of her when her Chasing Pavements came out and especially when Anna Wintour took her under her wing, but I still was not amused.  Yesterday I downloaded a podcast from one of my favorite blogs, and in it I found Someone Like You and I have to say I have not stopped listening to it since.  
I searched for videos on youtube and found her UH-mazing performance from this year's Brit Awards (which I remember had been posted by another friend of mine on the exact day of the awards but I totally ignored it).  I couldn't hold back the tears.  I was even listening to it as I was sketching today, then I'd go back to watching the video, back to sketching, and so on.


 In a time where songs have very poor lyrical content and a very predictable pattern, one can only appreciate a talent like Adele's twice as much.  Not only are the words in Someone Like You something you can relate to immediately, but her voice and delivery manage to create a heart wrenching connection that gives you goosebumps and leaves you teary-eyed.  
Whoever designed her performance deserves a round of applause.  I love the simplicity of it.  It makes her talent even more obvious.  I mean, it could have gone cheesy with the wrong lighting effects or any other props, but this was just perfection.  LOVED the rain of metallic confetti at the end.  Adele will be turning 22 this year.





No comments: