Monday, August 17, 2009

FABULOSITY

I am absolutely OBSESSED with this video. I can't stop watching it over and over again. I love the lighting, the wardrobe, the choreography, and OF COURSE I love the song. Even though it's probably one of the most popular and signature songs of the 1970's, I had NEVER seen the video before. I can't get enough of it. I'm just overwhelmed by the visually amusing result of a mix of simple elements and by how utterly cool it can still look up until today, thirty-one years later.
I was listening to Paul Oakenfold's mix of Madonna's new single, Celebration, and there's a tiny bit that sounds just like the "your body, my body..." part. Couldn't help but google it, youtube-it I mean, and there it was.
I think hedonism is probably one the first words that comes to my mind when I think of the disco era, and this video is the perfect example. As usual when I get super excited over something, I can't quite express everything I'm feeling as clearly as I would want to (*insert flashback to that paper on Madonna for my English Media course in high school here*), so that's it. I need to dance to this SOON. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this song as wel! I'll download for my raod trip to Bilbao ;)

rlm said...

:)