Friday, October 16, 2009

C'EST PAS MA FAUTE

The search for a soundtrack for my upcoming show has accidentally brought me back to my francophile self. Not that I plan on using any of them for the actual show (well, I really don't know that yet), but as I discovered Guesch Patti and other songs performed by Desireless besides their major hit "Voyage, Voyage" (which has the ability to transport me back to communist Moscow, back when the first music channel came out over there, Telecanal 2x2...never understood that name), I started humming a song in my head I remember hearing all over the place on a trip to Paris in 2000.
Anyway, thank goodness for google, I only remembered part of the chorus and that the girl singing it was called Alizée, whom I've heard of more recently but haven't been able to really get into her at all. In fact, I haven't even made the effort to like her. Anyway, I typed in "c'est pas ma faute" and there it came : "Moi Lolita" by Alizée.
It's downloaded and, again, on repeat. I love it. It's a catchy, poppy song, nothing extraordinary, but what kind of got to me, is that this song was making me nostalgic for the year 2000. TWO THOUSAND. Not 80's or 90's like my constant status updates on Facebook, but TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THOUSAND. GOD. Funny thing is, I was already complaining about aging back then, and no longer being a "teen"...I guess that'll be a constant in my life.
Then again Daft Punk's "One More Time" is also a song that brings back memories from this trip and I'm sure most people are unaware it's a nine-(soon-to-be-ten)year old song.
Here's "Moi Lolita". Enjoy.

No comments: