Sunday, October 31, 2010

ALL HALLOW'S EVE

I have just come back from dressing a bride, a client of mine whose older sister also got married in one of my dresses and whose mother is a client as well, and I'm getting ready to go to the party, but I still wanted to write this post before I left.
This has been quite a touching morning.  This HAS been a hectic week - I am well aware it is the month of Scorpio by now- so I guess I'm also extra sensitive, and therefore, the slightest things can affect me, like remembering Gianni Versace's violent death out of the blue.  A friend of mine commented she'd be dressing up as a witch to go treat or treating with two other friends, one of them dressed up as Perseus.  I couldn't help but suggest that she should dress up as Medusa and even said it would be "SO Gianni".
Though I could go on for quite a long while talking about Gianni Versace, I think he deserves a post of his own, so I'll save that idea for the future.
So after thinking about his death, how "you only live once" and questioning whether I will actually leave a footprint on this earth, I came across the following performance.



Just when you thought my mood could not descend any further, the final nerve in my system got struck by this girl's voice and this beautiful song.


CHER LLOYD PERFORMING "STAY" ON X-FACTOR LAST NIGHT
(picture from www.dailymail.co.uk)


 Though I had heard of Shakespeare's Sister back in the 90's, I don't think I was ever exposed to any of their music, so I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Cher Lloyd perform their song STAY (thank you Perez Hilton once again) on X Factor.

SHAKESPEAR'S SISTER

 After watching her amazing performance I had to check out the original version and I loved it as well.  A powerful, haunting, goosebump-inducing song and an equally striking video.  I NEED A DRINK NOW.


No comments: