Sunday, January 25, 2009

SHUT UP AND...you know the rest.

Well you would know the rest if you grew up in the 90's. And if you had a taste for dance music. And odd videos. And very gay performers. Even though you were still in the closet. Oops.
I was remembering how I had a huge crush on one of my professors while I was in design school. I was absolutely infatuated with him, I was such a sad case. I had just come out of the closet and this man had become the embodiment of gay perfection (according to my 18 year-old brain). He was good looking, dressed nicely, had good taste, shared common interests, etc. etc. I had had no idea of how I was to make my move, no idea at all. My fear of rejection was just too big (well, things haven't changed much really...). I remember I asked a friend from that same school (who's become one of my closest friends) what I should do. She said she had noticed he also had an interest in me (she said it was pretty obvious because of the way he behaved during class), so she suggested something. She said : "Listen Roger, I've got this single, it's just PERFECT. I'll give it to you and then you can give it to him as a gift and it'll send the message right across. DONE!!" I thought it was a pretty cute idea, then I asked her what the single was and she answered "Closer, by Nine Inch Nails" and went along and described the chorus. Poor girl, she was probaly sick of having to deal with my indecision every day.
Of course I never did that and of course I never got any further with my intentions regarding the 17-years-my-senior guy of my dreams. Well, not right then, it actually did get way further after I was done with school.
Anyway, going back to the cd-gift, I should have considered this song instead. Enjoy.

No comments: