Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Your daily/weekly/monthly dose of : DRAMA

I don't know how many people share this feeling, but sometimes, like this morning for example, I just feel the need to be absolutely silly and have a dose of feigned drama involving a certain song. Not necessarily sad, it could be a happy song. I guess this goes along with my recent thoughts of what my life as a musical would be.

OK, this has to be the gayest thing I've posted up to now.

Anyway, I was in the mood for some of that singing, exaggerated gestures and face-making that goes along with this type of moment and scrolling down my playlists (don't worry, I don't have a playlist titled DRAMA) I found a song I've liked forever, ok, not forever, but since I was ten.
It's "Les Hommes Qui Passent" by Patricia Kaas. It was a song I immediately loved, especially because of her emotion-infused performance and the fact that she was (and still is) absolutely beautiful. I couldn't find the video of the first performance I saw but here's a pretty good one from a live perfomance in 1990.
And below that one, for a total mood change, I've posted a video that surely illustrates what I'm talking about regarding doses of feigned drama, one of my favorite scenes in a Cate Blanchett movie.
Bisous.





I actually used this song as part of a sountrack to one of my shows.

No comments: